Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring Break--Small Reunion

This post is going to be incredibly out of order...but with this dial-up version, I figure it's best not to be OCD about the order! Over Spring Break, Scott and I made a trip to see some of my best college friends. We drove to Johnston, South Carolina and stayed with our friends, Jenny and John on their "farm." John's family has a peach tree orchard and he is in the process of building a chicken farm...so although they do not farm (yet) they live in the middle of farmland. It was absolutely beautiful---I've posted a few pictures of the trees which were just beginning to bloom. I loved it! Our other friends, Dane, Hovan and Elizabeth also made the trip. For a spur-of-the-moment gathering, we did pretty well! Elizabeth brought her 20 month old, Sara Clark, to play with Jenny's little one, Gracie. The girls were fast friends and who knows, might be roommates in college later in life?!? It was absolutely wonderful to spend a long weekend with my girlfriends and I love that even after a long drought we pick right back up and have the best time together. Thanks Jenny for having us!



I'll post captions to try to explain what we did. Once again, I have NO pictures of the group of adults. Well, there is one...but it looks like one of the kids might have taken it...

We went to the circus one night...


These ponies had cabbage patch kids on thier backs. Kinda weird.

How precious! They loved one another!

This is the group shot. We ate at a pizza place in Augusta before the circus. At this point, 2 of the 4 kids were having a major meltdown. Wow. Oh, and the "kid" taking the picture was Scott. hahah!

Scott playing with Sara Clark.

A quick trip to town meant loading up in close quarters. I bet the girls were wondering where my car seat was.

Gracie has a little pink loveseat that they shared...and bounced and bounced and bounced on.


Aunt Dane reading a morning story to Sara Clark.

John and Hovan....my how we have grown up. Check out all the little furniture!

Scott and John toasting. This was a trick they taught Gracie. She would tap their beers with her sippy cup and take a big gulp! Make your daddy proud!

Sweet Gracie. How precious is she!

The weather was perfect for lounging outside...with sidewalk chalk and bubbles.

I LOVED being with my friends and watching their children. Sometimes I really do wonder where the time went, but I am so proud of the women we have become. Over the weekend we talked a great deal about grown up things: selling houses, opening businesses, having babies, renovating houses, teaching toddlers, buying houses...the list goes on. Good times girls.

No comments: