Saturday, May 15, 2010

Double Decker 2010

Double Decker was once again an eventful weekend. It seems that every year the weather brings challenges to the event planners...and this year was no different. Due to strong winds and threats of thunderstorms/hail/tornadoes, they decided to split the festival into 2 days. Lots of people were upset (mostly bar owners who couldn't sell beer on Sunday), but truthfully, I thought it was much more enjoyable. The crowds were spread out and you could actually walk around without feeling like you were in the mash pit. As in years past, I went early and took Mo. I like to walk around and look at the art and pottery, and Mo likes to sniff around the crowd. When it starts to warm up, I take Mo home and usually meet Scott for music and mingling.

This year my aunt and uncle came down from Collierville to visit. We went to dinner at Taylor and then hit the streets the next morning. I only took a few pictures this year (and they are quite random)

My Aunt Anita and Momma, waiting and waiting and waiting on dinner. I don't know why we continue to go to Taylor expecting to eat within the hour....but, as Daddy always says, the reason we go to Taylor is to watch the people.
Oxford's newest addition to the Police Department

Pets of all kind came to the festival!

We named this little dog "Tina"---Mo might have enjoyed meeting her!


My dad and my Uncle Bobby, with Mo (who was quite tired at this point!)
It was a fun, relaxing weekend--too bad we didn't get any pictures of Scott!

No comments: