Saturday, June 5, 2010

Surprise, Scott

After Scott's trip (which maybe one day he will post about), I took my Tagalog with me to pick him up from the airport. Sarah and Jeffrey were in a tennis tournament, so Hayes joined me for the trip to Memphis. Hayes LOVES LOVES LOVES airplanes, so I was hoping this would be a fun adventure for him. I totally forgot that you can't hardly see airplanes at the airport anymore--dang security! Oh well, he enjoyed people watching and thought the baggage claim was surely a ride for him. I hadn't told Scott that Hayes was coming, so he was indeed surprised to see both of us.

We didn't want Hayes to be too disappointed with his trip to the airport, so we thought we'd make it up to him at lunch. Being the great Uncle that Scott is (and after a quick probe from a great Aunt), we took Hayes to Hooter's for his first experience with "delightfully tacky yet unrefined" dining. The Hooters girls LOVED him. He wasn't too sure at first....but after being "Hooterfied" with "I love Hooters" stickers and balloons, he was one happy little boy!

What a great Uncle!
We made a very quick trip to Target--naturally--and walked out with 1 impulse item from the dollar bin and 1 VERY IMPORTANT purchase picked out by Hayes himself. He was so proud of it riding in his buggy. He thought it was pretty neat that the cashier actually played with him for a few seconds (or maybe his Aunt was impressed by her kindness!). And he insisted on holding it for the car ride home (from Memphis!).
2 seconds later:
30 seconds later:
A good day indeed!

No comments: