Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Father's Day

One of my favorite things to do in Oxford is to enjoy the Summer Sunset Series, a month-long concert in the Grove. A good crowd gathers for music, picnics, and dancing. We've not taken up the dancing yet (which is actually little children running freely and wildly in front of the stage--a child-friendly mash-pit, if you will). Scott and I love to pack a picnic and take Mo for a fun (and free!) evening. The Sunday of Father's Day, we had quite a crowd. Mom and Dad and Sarah, Jeffrey and Hayes joined us, as well as my friend, Duncan. Shortly after we settled in, our good friend Wendy, and her twins, Jane Reeves and Evelyn, made their way to our blanket. It was such fun to visit and hang out with family and friends.
Our group grew...notice none of the men in the group are paying attention!
Happy Father's Day, Daddy! You are the BEST and I love you so, so much. You make me proud and I am honored to be your little girl. Thank you for all of the important lessons you've taught me and the endless fun we've had. XOXOX



No comments: