Saturday, July 26, 2008

Home Improvement

Scott and I FINALLY painted our guest room today. We have been talking about it for over a year--collecting paint chips and asking opinions of others. I was even tempted to take a greeting card to Home Depot to see if they truly could match the paint color! Instead, today, we simply went to Wal-Mart and picked out a color we could agree on...rather a shade of that color that we could agree on! Then we came home, and after taking a nap (I mean, just thinking about the work wore us out!), we started the task. We're almost done---had to stop to refuel with dinner (we're trying a new recipe). I'm sure we'll move all the furniture back tonight because I am too OCD to leave the mess overnight.

As you can imagine, we had lots of help from Mo. Actually, he didn't really misbehave. He was just very curious. We took a few pictures of the work in progress and will update with a finished room picture in a few weeks. Yes, a few weeks---we still have to agree on new fabric for the bedding! :)

Surprisingly, we did not get any paint on Mo or ourselves! And amazingly, the tiny bit that got on the floor came out with Resolve! Thank goodness....

3 comments:

The Sylvesters said...

Yeah! I love the color! Can't wait to see the finished product.

sassypreachergirl said...

I love that color- reminds me of my room in Oxford!!! =)

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

LOVE the colors and can't wait to see the finished room!! You two are on a roll!! I love you Mary!! Love, dana