Saturday, January 10, 2009

December, Post 4: Christmas at Camp Sloan

This was the year that all of the Sloan kids were at my parents for Christmas. It was very special to have everyone at home again--especially since we had 2 new babies to celebrate with as well as a 3-year-old, who is just now understanding the excitement of Christmas. As you can imagine, having this crowd together was indeed a circus--a fun one at that!

My mom, Lynn, and her sister, Tricia; my brother, Brad; Scott and myself; my brother-in-law, Jeremy and my nephew, Joseph; my cousin Waybe (Tricia's son); my Godmother, Victoria; my dad, Bill; my brother's wife, Bentley; my sister, Catherine, and nephew, Luke; my Godsister, Adrienne; my sister, Sarah, and her husband, Jeffrey, and my nephew, Hayes.

In years past, my mom got the gang matching pajamas. This year, since we all had plenty of pjs and because there were so many of us, she got us matching t-shirts that say "Christmas at Camp Sloan. The babies even had little onesies! Too cute :)

It was very fun and special to have our two new babies together for Christmas this year. What a blessed year the Sloan's have had--it's really exciting to see our family grow...and grow...and grow!
Joseph (5 weeks) and Hayes (5 months)

A Sloan tradition is to open poppers after our big Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve. We all wear our crowns and play with our cheaper than cracker-jack toys and tell the cheesy jokes that come in the poppers.
On Christmas Eve we attempted to get some sweet photographs of the grandchildren. It seems that Mo thought he should be included in the photo op--and Luke felt it was important to introduce Joseph to his buddy Mo. So, for a few minutes, we paused to let the 3 have their special moment.
Apparently this break kept Luke happy, so we actually got one pretty cute picture (out of the 30 shots taken from 2 cameras!). We finally stopped snapping when Luke started covering his face and fussing that his eyes were hurting from all the lights (flashes). I guess he is not going to take well to the paparazzi!
Christmas morning was really fun--we had TONS of presents, so it took all morning to open our loot. The highlight was watching Luke open his gifts, and seeing that he really could care less about everything other than his new Superman pajamas (which he wore for 2 days!) and his new Superman and Batman figures. He played with them for days!
Mo got more toys this year--imagine that! I thought it was funny that one of his favorite toys was a pink ball (which I think was really meant for Sipsey!).
Christmas at Camp Sloan was very special for me this year--my family is so important to me, and it's really a blessing to have everyone together to celebrate big occasions like Christmas as well as random weekends. Watching my sisters as mothers is also very meaningful to me, and it was great fun to see them together with their babies. Our family was truly blessed this year, and it seemed a perfect way to end the year...together.

No comments: