Friday, October 2, 2009

XO Reunion










Last weekend Scott and I made a spur of the moment trip to Tuscaloosa for a reunion of my pledge class and the pledge class above us. As you may know, although I loved my time in the sorority while I was in college, I am not a huge fan of the "for life" over-the-top advisor alumnae types. But, I thought I would suck it up and join in for the weekend to see some of my dear friends....and boy am I glad that I did!! We had a BLAST! While at UA, I lived with 5 girls for 2 years and we became very close (socially, emotionally, mentally, soberly, not so soberly and literally) and this the first time in a long time that we were all 6 together again. It was so fun to "remember when" and to spend time with each other and our spouses. I am so blessed, and I told Scott as we were leaving town that I hadn't had that much fun in a long time. We partied (until 3:30 am) on Friday night and tailgated (even in the rain!) on Saturday. Scott and I watched some of the game on the Quad with Brad and Bentley and then headed back home, listening to the Tide roll over Arkansas on the radio. I'm still smiling!

No comments: