Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday!

Yahooooooooooo---I have to say that my 30th birthday was by far my best!! What a wonderful MONTH-LONG celebration! I cannot believe that I have not posted my updates sooner, but truth be known I've been busy partying and then recovering.

To celebrate my birthday Scott planned a trip for us to Nashville to see the Ole Miss/Vandy game...or so I thought. We left early on Friday and had a fabulous lunch at Loveless Cafe. I love that place so it was a perfect stop. Little did I know that it was only the halfway point for our trip, as we were really going to LEXINGTON, KENTUCKY to see the Sylvester crew and going to the Alabama football game! I was thrilled and couldn't wait to get there (4 hours later).

When we got to KY we played and played with Luke and Joseph and went out to dinner and a piano bar with Catherine and Jeremy. It was so awesome to be able to spend the weekend with them in their new (old) house and to celebrate my birthday with my sister as it's been awhile since I have been with her on the actual day.

To top the trip off, my birthday gift from Scott was a nice new CAMERA! Just what I wanted--and trust me, I've already used it enough to make up for the months without one! The weekend was a blast--we took Luke to his first football game (which he enjoyed 1 half before he crashed and fell asleep), played "chase" with Joseph, enjoyed a special homemade birthday cake, and toured the Sylvester home. We also enjoyed some adult time and celebrated with Alabama "cheerleaders" and "Shots of Love." What a blast! Thanks Scott for a fun trip and Catherine and Jeremy for a fantastic weekend!

More to come...










No comments: