Monday, November 23, 2009

3 years!

It's wild to think that Scott and I have been married for three years--although it doesn't sound like a long time, we sure have packed a lot in to our marriage thus far. Graduate school, new job/promotion, lots of trips, sold condo, graduate school again, more and more vacations, fun times with nephews, football, debt snowball, and the list goes on!

To slow down and reflect, we went on our annual anniversary trip. This year we went to Hot Springs, Arkansas--and had quite the adventure, both relaxing and exciting. We stayed in a bed and breakfast (which was actually a motel since the main house was being renovated....that I will NEVER live down!) and had a day of fun and a day of pampering. Because it was Halloween, we went to Magic Springs theme park to join in their Magic SCREAMS celebration (for a lack of better words). Scott and I enjoy theme parks--especially when there are NO lines and can ride on the front of any roller coaster, multiple times. Nice! I think the highlight was the haunted house--we were in the very front of the line, literally. If you know me, you know I am not a fan of the dark or of things jumping out at me. That darn chainsaw man gets me everytime! I split out of that "Murder Mansion" like a "scalded dog" according to Scott. The funniest part was that the exit, which I flew through screaming like a maniac, led right to the line of people waiting to enter. The next day we went to the historic Bathhouse Row to partake in a bathing treatment. WOW--what an experience! All I can say is that when in Rome...I promised Scott I would not elaborate on our treatments, but I do strongly encourage you to get the full bath treatment (including a massage!) if/when you are in Hot Springs. It was fabulous! Our weekend together was another special one, and a great way to start off year 4. Here's to many more, baby!

Where I THOUGHT we were staying:

Where we stayed:

The INSIDE of the main house, where we were served breakfast (notice that we are in a construction zone!):

The Buckstaff Bathhouse, where we went for our treatments. This picture does not do justice to the building. The interior shots are from another bathhouse, because thankfully, we were not allowed to photograph the inside of the Buckstaff!



Al Capone's car--in the lobby of The Arlington:

Magic Springs




Magic SCREAMS:

No comments: