Thursday, November 5, 2009

Birthday continued

So we got back from a fantastic weekend in Lexington and I thought we had celebrated until we could celebrate no more....but boy was I wrong. (I'm reminded of when I was little and my parents asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I replied, "Wasn't my party enough?"...or something to that extent. I'm sure it was sweeter and even more precious that when it is repeated by said angel.)

Scott had something up his sleeve, but I was clueless! On Wednesday before the big reveal, I told Sarah that my birthday weekend had been perfect--who needed a party?! I had enjoyed myself and besides, who would Scott invite to my party on such a crazy weekend?

And then there was Friday night....a P-A-R-T-Y!!! Let me just say, I was shocked for the entire evening! What a celebration! There were friends from out of town--all the way from New York City to New Orleans and in between! There were family members and stand-in family members! There was a BAND and a crazy banner from me on stage with a band! There was an awesome cake that I swore was done by the Cake Boss! There were presents and booze (brewed by Scott and Darren)! And guess what else was there?!? MY 2 BOSSES! hahaha We had a BLAST! I laughed so hard and was so honored to have some many of my favorite people together again! (Later, people apologized for not being able to come, but I told them the best thing about a surprise party is I do not even know who was invited so I didn't know to look for them).

Thank you friends and family and especially sweet Scott. He knows I love surprises and he got me on this one! Turning 30 ain't so bad afterall.

Below are random pics from the party. Enjoy!


The Hopewell Gang--Jason and Melissa moved back from Iowa just in time for my party! Davis and Julie were in on the surprise and were the only people I knew would be in town staying with us. We were to be meeting up with Darren and Allyson after visiting my parents...little did I know!

My dad and I singing....we were terrible! So bad that the band muted our microphone!

Nice! Notice the banner above me. I have the same "YOU BETTER SING ROLL TIDE ROLL AS LOUD AS YOU CAN OR ELSE" expression....and of course, my foam finger.

My fabulous friends, Janice and Elizabeth

Look at that AWESOME cake! It's Denny Chimes from UA...way to go Scott!


Several of the ALABAMA fans (and future fans)

Momma and Daddy--THANK Y'ALL!

Pam and Susan--my UMBO buddies

Sweet Nancy and me (where's Linda--I thought we had Linda with us!)

OHS friends--and spouses that we let in the picture

There's Linda! The best neighbor ever!

My sweet Scott--LOVE YOU!

3-0!!

Cindi, Chick, Scott and me

Jeffrey--It's been a great 13 years!

Lots of drinking and dancing!

No comments: