Saturday, March 6, 2010

NOLA-Post 1

While in NOLA, we toured the Lower 9th Ward. I have been to NOLA many, many times and even been since Katrina. However, neither Scott nor I had ever been to the 9th Ward...so it was quite interesting to head over to see what signs of damage were left and what signs of progress were noticeable. It was quite interesting...the pictures show the levee (that has been "repaired" but is still only yards from homes), the city skyline in the background (I didn't realize that this area of NOLA was as far from the city and the Superdome as it is....it's not super far, but I had envisioned it being mere blocks), FEMA trailers still in yards, and a few of the houses that Brad Pitt's funding with his restoration project. As we crossed back to NOLA, I counted my blessings.




No comments: