Sunday, February 27, 2011

Thankful for....

....FAMILY, laughter, homemade food, trips, creation, rest, games, long talks about nothing in particular, belly laughs, toddlers and a big boy!, brisk mountain mornings, picnics...the list could go on and on!

Also thankful for PICTURES! Below are LOTS of pics from the Sloan family Thanksgiving in Gatlinburg. We all gathered and surprised my mom, yet again, for a holiday gathering that centered around her relaxation (well, we tried!). We tricked her into thinking she was going with my dad for a Thanksgiving trip with just the 2 of them...when they finally arrived at their cabin, all of the kids and grandkids were waiting patiently to yell "SURPRISE!" We had a wonderful weekend--with lots of good food and fun memories.

Although I count my blessings often, it's nice to have a day set aside to stop all other activity and to surround yourself with your blessings. I found myself stopping for a moment of prayer throughout our weekend. Thank God for my abundant life!


Only in Gatlinburg...a home built as an exact replica of Barbie's house

Tram ride to OberGatlinburg...Jeremy was in close contact with random strangers!

Not the Sloan girls...safety in numbers!


Is this the Black Bear "Rebel?"

What a great use of 50 cents!

















No comments: