Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A crowd of nephews...

With the addition of Hayes to our family, I realized we have a host of little boys running around! I wonder if Catherine's baby will be a girl just to confuse us all :) Scott and I absolutely love our nephews and enjoy spending time with them as often as possible.

The wild Wilsons are just down the road, so we get to see them a good bit--especially during football season (as seen in the last post). When we head to our seats we always look for Eli and Ford. They are usually too busy pregame to look for us--but we know that when the team takes the field that we'll have Ford settle in right next to us. That kid doesn't miss a play! He loves to watch the game, and pays close attention to every down. I thought the perfect birthday gift for him would be his own binoculars, seeing that he always borrows either Scott's or his moms. When I asked him (mistake #1) he thought about it for a split second and said he'd probably rather have a game for his Playstation. Of course. We usually get a good visit with Eli at the start of the 4th quarter when he's visited with every other fan in the stands. He is quite the social one in the family--he is always running around with his best friend. The good thing is that we like his friend, too, so when they make their way to us we're excited to see them both.

Luke puts a new spin to the word "wild." He is your typical three-year-old, and loves to have the attention of his momma, and that usually means the attention of us all. I cannot believe that he turned three this weekend! He had a pirate party, and from the looks of it everyone had a blast! My mom went to visit for the weekend and said that it was so much fun to see all the little kiddos playing with their costumes and treasures. Catherine--you outdid yourself!! I was so impressed by the cake and decor as well as the games and party favors! You set the bar high! Luke is a lot of fun and I look forward to him being a big brother soon. Although he might not be ready to share, I know he will be a super brother. Below is a picture from his party--it's tough to be still long enough to pose for a picture when you're a pirate!!



And then there is Hayes. What a joy it has been to watch Hayes grow (slowly at first and suddenly very quickly!) as well as to watch Sarah mother. I have always known that she would be an amazing mom! I cannot believe that Hayes is already 8 weeks old--he is filling out and smiling and flirting and even holding his head up! I really do look forward to watching him grow and develop more and more. These pictures are from last night--he was stealing the show, as I'm sure is hard to imagine!

Scott and I are so proud of our nephews and love each of them very much. I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit more about our family, and I hope they enjoyed their publicity on the world wide web! (Eli and Ford will have to check out the Football blog for their pics!)

No comments: